Recommended Age: 3y+
Level of Parent Involvement: Low
- Go for Nature Walks with your child around your garden or suburb to collect a variety of natural objects to add to your collection.
- A collection of different leaves, flowers, petals, seeds, rocks, pinecones, shells, etc.
- A plain coloured surface to be the background for the mandalas
- Show your child the collection of natural objects, naming them and drawing your child’s attention to the colours, shapes and textures of the objects.
- Start to create a design with the natural objects on the plain background – invite your child to help you with your design.
- Invite your child to make their own design.
- Add different objects to or rotate the objects in your collection to maintain your child’s interest.